Bryan Elijah Smith is an award winning American singer-songwriter & multi-instrumentalist producer based out of the Shenandoah Valley in Virginia. Smith’s innate songwriting ability and haunting voice leave you with a sense of timeless nostalgia. With over 1,500 songs penned & 12 independent releases since 2009, Smith is creating a self-produced legacy that began with his first song at the age of 18. Aside from touring the United States for well over a decade, Smith has also toured internationally in both Australia & Honduras. Crossing a wide array of genres, what gets produced has been compared to the likes of Bruce Springsteen meets Gregory Alan Isakov. Smith won 2nd place in the prestigious Chris Austin Songwriting Contest at MerleFest 2019 where the title track to his album, ‘In Through The Dark’, was 1 of 12 songs chosen out of 1,000 national entries. Smith has been a CASC finalist 2 years in a row (past finalist include Gillian Welch & Lera Lynn). 'In Through The Dark' won 1st place in the 'Unsigned Only' 2019 international songwriting contest where there were 6,000 entries from over 100 countries. Judges included Aimee Mann, Robert Smith of The Cure, Garth Hudson from The Band and many more. 'In Through The Dark' also appears in a new NETFLIX series called 'Virgin River' which premiered December 2019. Subsequently the song was a 2020 Independent Music Awards nominee in the 'Used In Film/TV' category. 2023 tour dates & tickets available now. Smith's latest album, Apocalyptic Blues, was released July 3rd 2021 on all streaming platforms & voted #34 on WNRN's 'TOP 100 ALBUMS OF 2021'. SMITH'S NEW SINGLE 'ONE SHOT' WAS RELEASED ON 5/26/2023.
Bryan Elijah Smith is endorsed by Peluso Microphone Lab
Jim Lauderdale, Ryan Montbleau, SIERRA FERRELL, Joe Pug, Old Crow Medicine Show, Trampled By Turtles, American Aquarium, Trevor Hall, Dylan LeBlanc, The Barr Brothers, Fruition, Nathan Moore, HoneyHoney, Nicki Bluhm, The Accidentals, Cursive, Langhorne Slim, The Steel Wheels and many more incredible touring acts.
- Declined a jazz guitar scholarship to Berklee College of Music to pursue songwriting
- ‘In Through The Dark’ appears in the hit NETFLIX series ‘Virgin River’ (Season 1 · Episode 3)
- NASA used 'Pour On Me' for their 2013 'WATER FALLS' Trailer
- over 1,500 songs written since 2004
- 12 INDEPENDENT RELEASES since 2009
- 'These American Hearts' was voted #50 on WNRN's 'Top 100 Albums of 2014'
- ‘Apocalyptic Blues’ was voted #34 ON WNRN'S ‘TOP 100 Albums of 2021’
- Won 2nd place in the Chris Austin Songwriting Contest at MerleFest in 2018 & 2019.
- VOCALS, GUITAR, HARMONICA, PIANO, DRUMS, BASS & BARITONE UKULELE
- Producer, Mixing/Recording Engineer & Cinematopgrapher
- ‘In Through The Dark’ was a 2020 INDEPENDENT MUSIC AWARDS NOMINEE in ‘USED IN FILM/TV’ CATEGORY
- 1ST PLACE in UNISGNED ONLY 2019 INTERNATIONAL SONGWRITING CONTEST where there were 6,000 entries from over 100 countries.